It’s kind of sad how much I envy the unwavering friendships I read about in fictional novels.
Portlanstagram: photos stolen from various phones; Photos from my DSLR will be uploaded tonight. :)
This marriage proposal in the letters section of SAGA #11 just made my day. So many feels. I need to know if she said yes! Haha.
“Moving Mountains” by Thrice
1 Corinthians 13
Out of all the times I've seen Good Will Hunting, this dialogue and the way it's said always gets me teary-eyed. This, and the ending of the film.
- Chuckie: Are they hookin' you up with a job?
- Will: Yeah, sit in a room and do long division for the next fifty years.
- Chuckie: Probably make some nice bank, though.
- Will: I'm gonna be a fuckin' lab rat.
- Chuckie: Better than this shit. It's a way outta here.
- Will: What do I want a way outta here for? I mean, I'm gonna fuckin' live here the rest of my life. You know, we'll be neighbors, you know, we'll have little kids fuckin' take 'em to little league together up at Foley field.
- Chuckie: Look, you're my best friend, so don't take this the wrong way. In twenty years, if you're still livin' here, comin' over to my house to watch the Patriots games, still workin' construction, I'll fuckin' kill you. That's not a threat. Now, that's a fact. I'll fuckin' kill you.
- Will: What the fuck are you talkin' about?
- Chuckie: Look, you got somethin' that none of us--
- Will: Oh, come on! Why is it always this, I mean, I fuckin' owe it to myself to do this? What if I don't want to?
- Chuckie: Alright. No. No no. Fuck you. You don't owe it to yourself. You owe it to me. 'Cause tomorrow I'm gonna wake up and I'll be fifty and I'll still be doing this shit. And that's all right, that's fine. I mean, you're sittin' on a winning lottery ticket and you're too much of a pussy to cash it in. And that's bullshit `cause I'd do anything to fuckin' have what you got! So would any of these fuckin' guys. It'd be an insult to us if you're still here in twenty years. Hanging around here is a fuckin' waste of your time.
- Will: You don't know that.
- Chuckie: I don't?
- Will: No. You don't know that.
- Chuckie: Oh, I don't know that. Let me tell you what I do know. Every day I come by to pick you up. And we go out we have a few drinks, and a few laughs and it's great. But you know what the best part of my day is? It's for about ten seconds from when I pull up to the curb to when I get to your door. Because I think maybe I'll get up there and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothin'. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that.
nights where you spend your time living inside your own mind, allowing distractions to fill your head with false hopes. nights where you then lose your mind because. nights where you allow delirium to carry you through until dawn. nights where you stress out because you can’t allow yourself to…
i love this.